Paraskevidekatriaphobia is fear of Friday the 13th.
Paul writes in 2 Timothy 1:7
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
But despite this teaching, many of the superstitions surrounding fear of Friday the 13th apparently have Biblical roots.
- Many believe that The Fall occurred on a Friday
- Cain supposedly murdered Abel on Friday the 13th
- There were 13 at the Last Supper, Judas Iscariot being the 13th
- John 13 tells the story of Jesus betrayal
- The Last Supper took place on the 13th of Nissan in the Jewish calendar – which was a Friday
… and so on. There are people who’ve written whole books about the significance of Friday and the significance of the number 13 in the bible.
Me – I choose not to read them.
So far as I’m concerned, today is another glorious day that God has made. I praise God, thank Him for this day that He has created, and ask Him how I can serve Him today.